i. Thomas Edward, born 1827 Dec 30, died 1868 May 4, of whom we treat later;
ii. Louisa Ann Ellen, born 1830 Jul 24, 5 Calthorp Street, and baptised Aug 25 at St Pancras; died 1885 Jan 24; said to have been a cripple;
iii. (Sir) Joseph William, born 1828 May 28, died 1899 Feb 15, to whom we shall return later.
7. Edward, born 1804 Sep 10, died 1863 Sep 28, admitted to Lincoln's Inn 1824 and called to the bar 1829 Jul 7; of 44 Chancery Lane 1837/8 and 89 Chancery Lane 1840; of Jamaica 1843 and Walham Green, Fulham, 1863; author of BANKRUPTCY CASES and EQUITY INDEX and (under the pseudonym 'Theophilus SOUTH') THE FLY-FISHER'S HANDBOOK. Married 1825 Elizabeth BATCHELOR and died without issue.
8. Sarah, born ?1803, married 1824 Feb 16, Wilmington, William Parr ISAACSON of Newmarket and had issue.
9. Mary, born 1806/7 and died, a widow, 1872 Apr 22 aged 65, at Islington (as reported by V.C.P. HODSON); married (1st) Henry Stuteville ISAACSON, born 1803, died 1845 Feb 7, Captain HEIC's maritime service; died without issue; she married (2nd) 1846 Dec 12, St Pancras New Church, Rev Luke JONES, M.A., of Parker's Piece, Cambridge.
10. Isabella married 1833 (Licence Jul 20 for Itchingfield) John PAINE of Mildenhall who died 1838 Sep 31, leaving issue.
11. Tompson, born 1815 Sep 21, Bloomsbury, baptised 1817 Jul 30, St George's Bloomsbury; died 1863 Feb 4, Bloomsbury, buried at Stockwell. Admitted Middle Temple 1832 Apr 21, called the Bar 1851 Jan 31; special pleader, Home Circuit, 1859; of 6 Pump Court 1838-44, 1 Essex Court 1848-59, and Stockwell Place, Lambeth; author of CHITTY ON CARRIERS; married 1838 Nov 17, Edmonton, Susan BOWNESS, born 1817?8 Nov 17?, St Dunstan, and died 1886 Mch 15, Lambeth. They had numerous issue of whom we treat later.
It seems most convenient to deal next with the lines descending from Thomas (FORMS and ARCHBOLD) CHITTY through his sons
Thomas Edward and Joseph William; then to deal with the large branch descending from Tompson CHITTY, and then to turn to the descendants of Charles CHITTY of Muntham.