Walter Theodore CHITTY (1826-1904), son of Charles of Muntham, Major-General, Indian Army, buried at St Jude, Kensington; married 1855 Jan 3, Bombay, Helen Alves JAMESON, b.1834 Nov 25, Bombay, d.1884 Jan 28, one of the daughters of General Sir George JAMESON, Bombay Staff Corps, and sister of Mrs Arthur Whatley CHITTY. He succeeded Sir G. JAMESON as military accountant-general in Bombay. They had issue nine children:
1. Helen Alves, b.1856 Jan 7, Poona; married 1884 Jun 12, Clifton, James Alexander FRASER of Romford.
i. Helen Alves FRASER, b.1886 Jun 4.
ii. Georgina Marian FRASER.
iii. Annie Cleather FRASER.
2. Katherine Jourdan, b.1857, d.1858 Aug 1, Bombay.
3. Sir Charles William, b.1859 Aug 8, d.1932 Mch 7 at Torquay, educated Eton and King's, Cambridge, M.A., Judge of the High Court of Judicature, Calcutta, and a Knight Bachelor. At one time custodian of the Diary of Mary CHITTY (who died 1791); married 1893 Oct 4 in India Helen Mary LATHAM, b.1867 May 15, d.1932 Sep 2, elder daughter of Francis Law LATHAM, Advocate-General, Bombay, and had issue:
i. John Walter, b.1894 Aug 6, Bombay; educated Eton and King's. Lt.Col., M.B.E., married 1924 Apr 24 Audrey Troyte HARPER, b.1897 Mch 12, New Zealand, daughter of Charles Coleridge HARPER and a descendant of Adam JELLICOE and his wife Elizabeth CHITTY; she was Assistant Director of the A.T.S. They had issue:
a. Elizabeth Merlott, b.1926 Oct 13, Madras.
ii. Helen Margaret, b.1897 Jul 29, Bombay; married 1922 Jun 24 Archibald Wallace DUNCAN, Lt.Col., I.M.S., and had issue two daughters:
a. DUNCAN b.1926 Aug 15.
4. Georgina - died in Infancy.
5. Mary Agnes, b.1865 Jul 2 Bombay.
6. Walter Henry, b.1867 Oct 2, Poona, d.1940 Sep 16; educated Eton and Jesus College, Cambridge; Canon of Winchester; married 1901 Jul 31, Kidbrooke, Lilian Jeanette MARTEN who died 1950?56 Dec 9, daughter of Charles MARTEN.